What is Scout Community Week?
Scout Community Week, supported by B&Q, is Scouting's largest week of social action.
Taking place from 2-8 June 2014, Scout Community Week
gives us the opportunity to demonstrate the benefits and impact Scouting has on individuals and the social return to communities.
Over the past two years we have seen an outstanding number of Groups sign up to ‘Do1Thing’, resulting in great projects going on simultaneously around the UK and a burst of media coverage.
By teaming up with B&Q, Groups have benefited from the resources and support offered by their local store. Whether it is fundraising in-store or help with skills and tools, B&Q has enabled many Groups to make their community projects a real success. “We had a voucher from B&Q that covered much of the cost of the project... we also did a bucket collection at the local store – we couldn’t have done the project without B&Q’s support”
Gwyn, 17th Ipswich Scout Group
Why take part?
- It's a chance to learn and share new skills with people living or working on your doorstep.
- Provides an opportunity to tackle real issues with the community
- It helps build our Scouts confidence by making them feel proud of achieving things for others
- Scout Community Week can help build new relationships which can continue long after Community Week
- It teaches our young people that we all have a role to play in improving the areas in which we live
- Your project could also help you work towards a number of other badges
- Fundraising for your Group has never been easier. This year Groups keep 100% of the money they raise in order to support local Scouting