Compass – helping you keep track of Scouting
Compass is a powerful set of online tools for members to manage their Scouting administrative activities in one place. It can share access to that information with relevant Scouting colleagues and offer a high level of data security. The system streamlines many tasks currently performed to manage Scouting so members spend less time on administration.
Top 10 ways Compass will make your life easier:
- Managing personal information on youth and adult records
- Managing waiting lists
- One record per young person as they move up through Scouting
- Tracking youth badges
- Managing programme planning
- Managing activity and nights away permits
- Inviting and managing attendance at local events
- Creating and maintaining contact lists of specific volunteers/parents or young people for communication
- Directly email or text members/parents/young people via Compass (no need to download data and use your own email/mobile account)
- More effective and quicker systems for updating training and development records
It is the only online system provided by The Scout Association and it is free of charge to its users.
We are in the testing stage of Compass and it will be ready for members to use during 2014. Each County/Area/Region (Scotland) has agreed a month in 2014 for Compass to launch for members in that location.
Each County/Area/Region (Scotland) has a volunteer managing the process of introducing Compass to that local area (Compass Implementation Champion) and another volunteer to oversee any Compass training requirements for all members in their local area (Compass Training Champion). Find out who the volunteer is leading this work for your area from your County/Area/Region (Scotland).View list of Compass Implementation Champions
View list of Compass Training Champions
Visit this page to keep up-to-date with all developments and find out more by reading these frequently asked questions
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com
Support for County/Area/Region (Scotland) Commissioners managing the change over to Compass
Poster and leaflet templates are available to customise and print to help explain and promote the benefits of Compass to members. More materials are in development and Compass Champions have access to additional resources to use in briefings.
Compass Implementation Process:
Below follows editable versions of documents that will support the implementation of Compass within your local area.
County/Area/Region (Scotland) checklist
Change champion role description
Trainer role description
The above documents may be replaced with revised versions throughout the change over period. You can view a log of the changes here.
Reminder on the transition plan and possible structures