Astronomer Activity Badge
How to earn your badge
- Make a model or draw a simple diagram of the Solar System.
- Explain the difference between a planet and a star.
- Learn how to observe the sun safely. Find out and explain how the earth moves around the sun.
- Observe the moon, using binoculars or a telescope if you can. Describe some of its features.
- Identify three constellations.
- Find out about two space-related subjects.Present some information about them.
Visit this BBC webpage for useful stuff about stargazing.
Each young person who participates in the Programme, including badges and awards, should face a similar degree of challenge, and requirements can be adapted according to each young person’s abilities. For more information and practical tips see our guidance on flexibility