Book Reader Activity Badge
How to earn your badge
- Make a list of at least six books you have read or used recently. Books
you have read on an e-reader count too.
- Name the authors of your books. Tell your leader or other Cubs something about three of your books. At least one book should be fiction and one should be non-fiction.
- Show that you know how to care for your books.
- Show that you can use a dictionary and a thesaurus. You can use printed ones or online versions.
- Explain to a leader how the books in a library are set out. How you would find fiction and non-fiction books?
Each young person who participates in the Programme, including badges and awards, should face a similar degree of challenge, and requirements can be adapted according to each young person’s abilities. For more information and practical tips see our guidance on flexibility