Global Issues Activity Badge
How to earn your badge
- Draw the logos of three to five international charities. Find out about what they do and why.
- Find out how much energy you use in your meeting place or home. Over two weeks, record what energy you use for things like lights, heating or cooking. Make a plan to reduce the amount of energy you use and put it into action.
- Take part in an international awareness day or week.
- Use pictures to show what you would need to survive if you became homeless because of a disaster, like flooding or an earthquake.
- Identify five belongings of yours that have come from other countries. Point out the countries on a map. Talk to others about why your belongings have come from so far away.
For number 3, taking part in something like Worlds Aids Day, World Water Day, international Week of Science and Peace would be good. You can find more information on the United Nations website un.org/en/events/observances/days
Each young person who participates in the Programme, including badges and awards, should face a similar degree of challenge, and requirements can be adapted according to each young person’s abilities. For more information and practical tips see our guidance on flexibility
Please see here for the global activity pack