Home Safety Activity Badge
How to earn your badge
- Find out what to do about a burst water pipe, gas leak or electricity power failure in your home.
- Identify the common causes of accidents in the home. How they can be prevented?
- Find out how to protect your home from crime.
- Find out where the nearest public telephone box is to your house. Where else could you make an emergency call if the public telephone wasn’t working?
- Make a list of useful emergency numbers.
Each young person who participates in the Programme, including badges and awards, should face a similar degree of challenge, and requirements can be adapted according to each young person’s abilities. For more information and practical tips see our guidance on flexibility