Artist Activity Badge
How to earn your badge
Choose from Options 1 or 2. Then complete all tasks under your chosen option.
Option 1: artist
- Paint, draw or illustrate each of these:
Show a selection of your own recent work.
- a scene from a story
- a person or object
- a landscape.
Option 2: arts enthusiast
- Choose a favourite art form or artist to take an active interest in. It
doesn’t have to be painting – it could be pop music, sculpture, theatre,
architecture, break dancing or anything similar.
- Describe two visits you have made that are connected to your interest. You can use photographs, films, recordings, concert programmes, ticket stubs, newspaper reviews or websites to illustrate your point.
- Show that you know a lot about an aspect of your interest. You could talk about a particular piece of art, like a painting, performance, sculpture or building. Or you could discuss a particular person or historical period connected with your chosen art form.
- Make a list of major events, exhibitions or venues connected with your chosen subject. Talk about why the items on your list are important.
Each young person who participates in the Programme, including badges and awards, should face a similar degree of challenge, and requirements can be adapted according to each young person’s abilities. For more information and practical tips see our guidance on flexibility