Camper Activity Badge
How to earn your badge
- Camp under canvas as a Scout for at least 15 nights.
- Lead a group of Scouts in the pitching, striking and packing of a four to six person tent.
- Find out what to look for when choosing a campsite and in deciding the best position to pitch tents.
- Show that you understand and act on the reasons for hygiene and the importance of being safe and tidy in camp.
- Show how you store food hygienically at camp.
- Learn how to dispose of your rubbish safely and responsibly.
- Construct two useful camp gadgets, such as a camp larder, altar fire, flagpole or a camp gate.
- Plan a full menu for a weekend camp. Cook a full meal from it over an open fire.
- With others in your Troop, plan and carry out a programme of activities for a weekend camp.
When we "under Canvas" we mean any kind of tent, Bivouac or natural shelter.
Each young person who participates in the Programme, including badges and awards, should face a similar degree of challenge, and requirements can be adapted according to each young person's abilities. For more information and practical tips see our guidance on flexibility