Global Issues Activity Badge
How to earn your badge
- Identify where your clothing has been made.With other Scouts, talk about why companies might choose to have the items made there. What are the advantages and disadvantages of overseas clothing production?
- Investigate a recent natural disaster. Explain what the people needed to
survive. Rank the items in order of priority and explain your order.
- Create your own Commonwealth Games. Explore why we have them and who is involved.
- Use a creative method to educate people on the causes and effects of HIV and AIDS.
- List the rights that we have in the UK (like the right to vote, to go to school and equal gender rights). Compare this list with a Scout in a sub-Sahara African country.
For number 4, Young people creative method could be video, audio, a presentation, a poster or a sketch.
Each young person who participates in the Programme, including badges and awards, should face a similar degree of challenge, and requirements can be adapted according to each young person’s abilities. For more information and practical tips see our guidance on flexibility
Please see here for the global activity pack