Pioneer Activity Badge
How to earn your badge
- As a member of a group, take part in:
Show the correct way to do these:
- an indoor pioneering project, like constructing a guided missile launcher or chariot
- an outdoor pioneering project, like building a monkey bridge, a raft or parallel runway.
Name and tie at least six knots and three lashings that are useful in pioneering.
- a whipping or safe rope sealing
- a splice
- coiling and storing a rope
- using levers to extract objects or move heavy weights
- being safe in pioneering projects. Explain why it’s important.
Each young person who participates in the Programme, including badges and awards, should face a similar degree of challenge, and requirements can be adapted according to each young person’s abilities. For more information and practical tips see our guidance on flexibility