Sports Enthusiast Activity Badge
How to earn your badge
- Explain the rules governing your favourite sport.
- Describe the levels of achievement within your chosen sport locally, nationally or internationally.
- Show that you know some of the personalities, champions or other experts in your chosen sport. Explain how they might have inspired you.
- Talk about the equipment needed for the sport.
- Describe a recent major event, championship or landmark in the sport.
- Explain how you follow your sport. How do you keep up to date with developments?
You can gain more than one Sports Enthusiast badge if you follow more than one sport.
Each young person who participates in the Programme, including badges and awards, should face a similar degree of challenge, and requirements can be adapted according to each young person’s abilities. For more information and practical tips see our guidance on flexibility