Street Sports Activity Badge
How to earn your badge
- Regularly take part in a street sport like skateboarding, roller or in-line skating or another street sport agreed by your leadership team.
- Own or use equipment for a street sport for six months. Show you can check, adjust and repair the equipment to ensure safe use.
- Explain how to care for the equipment used and explain what you should look out for when equipment is nearing the end of its life.
- Show that you’re skilled in your chosen street sport and show how you’ve improved.
- Explain the safety rules for your chosen sport.
- Show your ability in your street sport to other people or your Troop. You could take part in an exhibition, public event or competition.
Each young person who participates in the Programme, including badges and awards, should face a similar degree of challenge, and requirements can be adapted according to each young person’s abilities. For more information and practical tips see our guidance on flexibility