International Activity Badge
How to earn your badge
You need to complete four of these activities:
- Showcase a form of art or culture from another country. You could create a display of art you have researched or created yourself, or put on a cultural performance.
- Participate in an event with an international theme. Explain what the event taught you about the cultural customs to your Unit.
- Cook a traditional meal using international fairtrade ingredients. Discuss the benefits of fairtrade food.
- Take part in an international experience such as a Scout Jamboree, Home Hospitality or cultural exchange experience. Maintaining an
international link, such as a pen pal, over a period of time counts too.
- Help to organise and take part in a Jamboree on the Internet (JOTI) or Jamboree on the Air (JOTA) event.
- Organise an activity with an international theme, like a festival celebrated in another country.
- Explore the origins of another country’s national celebration, such as Independence Day in the USA, Republic Day in India or Chinese New Year.
Each young person who participates in the Programme, including badges and awards, should face a similar degree of challenge, and requirements can be adapted according to each young person’s abilities. For more information and practical tips see our guidance on flexibility