Leadership Activity Badge
How to earn your badge
- Successfully lead a team of Explorers throughout the course of a project. There are lots of possibilities but whatever you do, you’ll need
Take an active role in the running of an activity linking with the Scout section. Help a new Explorer Scout to be part of the Unit and help them understand what is expected.Help a group of Explorers or members of a younger section develop a Scouting skill.Represent the views of other Explorer Scouts (for example at a District Explorer Scout Forum or similar) and report back to them afterwards.
- set a goal for the project and individual targets for team members
- take suggestions and feedback from team members into account and act on them
- teach team members new skills that may be required for the project
- manage any tricky situations or people and find compromises
- give clear instructions, motivate your team, give praise, ensure that you are on track and make sure everyone is safe.
Guidance for Leaders
The Taking the Lead resource is designed to help Leaders develop leadership skills with young people.
Each young person who participates in the Programme, including badges and awards, should face a similar degree of challenge, and requirements can be adapted according to each young person’s abilities. For more information and practical tips see our guidance on flexibility