Lifesaver Activity Badge
How to earn your badge
- Demonstrate and explain how you would perform a rescue using the following:
Reach the standard of one of the following:
- shout and/or reach
- throw a buoyancy aid
- throw a rope
- tow with an aid
- clothing tow
- support tow.
Explain and, where possible, demonstrate methods of rescue
used in cases of:
- RLSS UK Survive and Save Silver for the Medallion, Stillwater or Beach award
- RLSS UK Survive and Save Gold for the Medallion, Stillwater or Beach award.
- a person and a pet falling through ice
- a house fire
- gas poisoning
- a car accident
- contact with a live wire.
Each young person who participates in the Programme, including badges and awards, should face a similar degree of challenge, and requirements can be adapted according to each young person’s abilities. For more information and practical tips see our guidance on flexibility.