Motor Sports Activity Badge
How to earn your badge
You should aim to take part in your chosen activity for 6 to 12 months.
- Take part in your chosen motor sport, once you’ve agreed the activity
with your leadership team. Show how you’ve improved over a period of time.
- Talk to a group of young people about the skills and techniques you have used.
- Explain the safety rules, and how to responsibly use the skills you have learned, to an appropriate adult.
- Take part in at least two competitions or demonstrations. Talk about your performance and ways to improve with the examiner or instructor.
- Take up an organisational role on at least two occasions. It could involve marshalling a motor sports event, timekeeping or administration. Show that you’re making a positive contribution to the
development and continuation of your chosen motor sport.
Each young person who participates in the Programme, including badges and awards, should face a similar degree of challenge, and requirements can be adapted according to each young person’s abilities. For more information and practical tips see our guidance on flexibility