Street Sports Activity Badge
How to earn your badge
You should be aiming to work towards this badge over a period of 6 to 12 months.
- Regularly take part in a street sport activity such as rollerskating, skateboarding, BMX or any other street sport you agree with your leadership team. Show how you’ve improved over time.
- Demonstrate skills in your chosen sport to a group of young people and encourage them to try it out.
- Talk to your examiner or instructor about the safety rules and how to use the skills you’ve learned responsibly.
- Take part in at least two competitions or demonstrations. Talk about your performance with the examiner or instructor and take on board ways you can improve.
- Show how to care for your equipment and explain what you should look out for when it’s nearing the end of its life.
Each young person who participates in the Programme, including badges and awards, should face a similar degree of challenge, and requirements can be adapted according to each young person’s abilities. For more information and practical tips see our guidance on flexibility