We provide fun, challenge and adventure to
over 400,000 girls and boys across the UK
a a a  A A
Disclosures Compass POL Print Centre

Rule 9.61 Nights Away Passports

a. A Scout or Explorer Scout who wishes to lead a camping or residential eventcan do so when issued with an Event Passport, this is only valid for use with members of their own section.

b. Each Event Passport is issued for one event only by a permit holder experienced in the category of camp or residential experience proposed.

c. Event Passports can not be given to anyone aged over 18.

d. The permit holder has responsibility for notification (see Rule 9.57l).

e. The permit holder must provide support during both the preparation and the event itself and be satisfied that the young person has the required abilities, but is not required to attend the event.


Event Passports and guidance are available from the Scout Information Centre or can be downloaded from the print centre.


f. Those responsible for running Scout campsites or activity centres who hold a permit may issue site specific Event Passports for an extended period (up to a maximum of 12 months) covering multiple service events for those under 18 years working on projects on their site.

g. The home Commissioner must be informed of those under 18 years working on service team projects at Scout campsites and activity centres, but a separate NAN form for each occasion need not be completed if a range of dates is specified.


h. When leading a Scout Network residential event a permit is not required, but notification (Rule 9.57l) is, and the event Leader must have first hand experience of camping or residential events and be familiar with the Association’s appropriate resource material.


For adult / Scout ratios on Nights Away activities, see Rule 3.9


© Copyright The Scout Association 2018. All Rights Reserved.
Charity Numbers 306101 (England and Wales) and SC038437 (Scotland).
Registered address: The Scout Association, Gilwell Park, Chingford, London, England E4 7QW