We provide fun, challenge and adventure to
over 400,000 girls and boys across the UK
a a a  A A
Disclosures Compass POL Print Centre

Externally led

How to offer raft building using an external provider

2. Check if an AALA license is required

Yes an AALA licence is required. Except placid waters where it is not possible to be more than 50m from the bank.

3. Minimum qualification required by instructor

British Canoeing Coach Award (appropriate to the water you are operating on), or the provider is Adventuremark Accredited. where Raft building falls outside the requirement to hold an AALA Licence (see point 3).

4. Check the provider has public liability insurance

5. Check if further insurance is required

No further insurance is not required.

6. Check if HQ needs notifying

No you do not need to contact HQ about this activity.

7. Put an InTouch system in place

8. Obtain approval for the activity

© Copyright The Scout Association 2020. All Rights Reserved.
Charity Numbers 306101 (England and Wales) and SC038437 (Scotland).
Registered address: The Scout Association, Gilwell Park, Chingford, London, England E4 7QW