International camp staff programmes
Each year, the Boy Scouts of America invite Scouts aged 18-30 from around the world to come to the United States and spend the summer as an International Camp Staff member of a BSA summer camp or Cub Scout day camp.
As a camp staff member, you will:
- Spend 8 to 11 weeks as a member of the staff of a BSA summer camp in the United States.
- Make friends with Scouts from another country
- Receive free food and lodging while in camp.
- Teach BSA Scouts about Scouting and life in your country.
- Learn about another Scout Association.
To be a camp staff member, you must:
- Be approved by The UK Scout Association.
- Be able to speak English well enough to instruct Scouts in skills.
- Be able to teach Scouting skills to Scouts in a summer camp programme.
- Be available for at least six weeks beginning in June.
- Agree to live by the culture and laws of the United States and by the BSA code of conduct.
To find out more, take a look at the information
How to apply
If you meet the requirements and would like to
be a BSA camp staff member in the United States, you should apply now.
you would like to apply, download the application
pack (PDF) and medical
If you have any questions, contact the International Office on 0208
4337119 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, the closing date for applications to be received by
Headquarters is 1st December.Related linksBoy Scouts of America website